College planning choices are some of the most important decisions our high school students will have to make in the coming years. The "where," "when," "how," "why," and "if" are all things that need to be addressed. I've gathered some links and resources that I have found helpful in answering students' and parents' questions about college, Scholarship, 预科Testing, 金融援助. You can also reference the right sidebar for dates of upcoming tests at our school and college representative visits.
I encourage you to contact me at the high school with any questions about college planning, Testing, 或Scholarship. 我是来帮忙的!
This list shows Scholarship that are 目前接受申请. New listings will be in the daily announcements. 在一般情况下, more national Scholarship are available starting in the Fall and more local and regional Scholarship become available in January-May. (They do not need as long of a selection time.) Remember to read all qualifications carefully so you don't waste time on Scholarship you are not eligible for!
- love your community and want to use your college education to make a difference as a leader on campus and at home;
- will graduate from high school in 2022, or previously graduated in 2021 or 2020;
- are not currently enrolled at a four-year college (students at two-year colleges may apply);
- live in one of our seven 行为六 program sites; and
- want to attend at least one of the 行为六 partner colleges in your program site.
While ethnicity and family income are considered as factors in selecting an intentionally diverse group of scholars, 没有收入限制, students from all racial and ethnic backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
There is no minimum GPA requirement and admissions standards vary across our partner colleges. 在一般情况下, applicants with a GPA below 3.0 will need to demonstrate their readiness for academic success in college through their recommendations, 论文和/或考试分数.
- 类别: Scholarship(本地/地区)
- 到期日期: 11/1/2021
- 数额: 全速前往Heritage或PLU
- Intend to enroll in an accredited four-year college beginning in fall 2022
- Earn a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.5个或以上
- Significant unmet financial need. We will consider applicants with family income up to $95,000. 然而, we anticipate that a majority of scholarship recipients will be eligible to receive a Pell grant
- 持久性: Determination and perseverance in the face of challenges, ability to set and remain focused on goals and to put in the effort needed to meet those goals in the face of obstacles.
- 渴望帮助他人: Purposeful and meaningful commitment to others which may be evidenced by participation in volunteer/community service activities.
- 领导: Ability to organize and positively influence others in school and out-of-school areas (family, 教堂, 体育, 艺术, 等.).
- 类别: Scholarship(国家)
- 到期日期: 11/18/2021
- 数额: 高达55000美元
Connect to Washington scholarship providers...免费! Making a profile on this site will show you scholarship listings that you are eligible for and help you submit applications for them.
This article also describes a few things to look for when applying f或Scholarship to make sure you are not tricked by a scholarship scam.
Students with financial need may qualify to take the SAT and 行为 for free.
The SAT Reasoning test is required for admission by some colleges. Tests are offered about 6 times per school year at various 高中s in the area. You will need to register and pay online. 看到夫人. 如果你有问题，请向哈克咨询!
Here you can register for the 行为, required by some colleges for admission. When you sign up, you will need our school code to make sure your scores are sent to our school. 密码是481-349. The 行为 is offered at SCHS in October and April. Other test dates may be available at nearby locations.
To find out if the colleges you are considering require the optional writing test, follow this link:
行为 Writing Test: College's Decsions
联邦助学金免费申请表, or Free Application for Federal Student Aid, is the first step in applying for 金融援助 each year you attend college. 联邦助学金免费申请表 can be filled out after October 1st of your senior year. The following videos are a good resource to familiarize yourself with the process of applying and what to expect.